Score: #20 Roanoke 60 | Goucher 39
Records: Maroons 5-0 | Gophers 2-3
Location: Baltimore, Md.
The Lead: For the first time this season the #20 ranked Roanoke College men's basketball team went on the road when they traveled to Baltimore for a pre-Thanksgiving tip with Goucher on Tuesday night. The Maroons used an 11-5 start to take a lead that they would hold throughout. The advantage grew to 25-14 at the break and Roanoke would pull away during the second half to secure the 60-39 road win over the Gophers.
How it Happened:
- The first hoop of the game wouldn't come until the 16-minute mark when Ethan Rohan threw down a feed from Efosa U-Edosomwan. The game would be tied at 2-2 but a Kasey Draper free throw gave RC a lead that they would hold the remainder of the evening.
- With 4:26 on the clock, a Nick Price layup pushed the lead to double-digits, 19-9. Rohan and U-Edosomwan scored the final four points of the half as Roanoke took a 25-14 edge into the locker room.
- Price and Draper combined for a 7-0 run to start the second half and grow the lead to 18 points.
- Back-to-back Zach Rosenthal layups would take the lead over 20 for the first time. With four minutes left to play, a Rosenthal three-pointer gave RC their largest lead of the game, 57-31. After a Gopher run, 7-0, Rosenthal hit another from long range to make the final score 60-39.
- Rohan (12 and 11) and Draper (11 and 11) each had double-doubles to lead a balanced Roanoke attack. Rosenthal added 10 points in just 11 minutes of play as the Maroon bench finished with 24 points, 21 rebounds, and four assists.
Up next: Roanoke will kick off Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) play next Wednesday when they host Bridgewater for a 5:00pm tip inside the Cregger Center. The #20 Maroons are off to a 5-0 start and await the new D3hoops.com Top 25 rankings that are scheduled to be released on Monday, November 29th.