Posted: Sep 21, 2022
THE GAME FACTS
Score: Roanoke 1, Randolph 1
Records: Roanoke 2-2-2, 0-0-1 ODAC, Randolph 3-1-2, 0-0-1 ODAC
Location: Lynchburg, Va.
The Short Story: The Roanoke College men's soccer team scored early in the first half as the Maroons would earn a draw with the Randolph College WildCats in both teams' first ODAC contest of the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- It was a quick start for the Maroons as Isaac Wolf found the back of the net just 24 seconds in the contest, unassisted, to put Roanoke ahead 1-0.
- Much of the remaining time in the first half was a defensive battle as neither team found the back of the net. Randolph broke up the quiet with a goal in the 43rd minute to even the match up at 1-1.
- Both teams were able to get two shots each in the second half, but none were on goal as the two teams played to a 1-1 draw after 90 minutes.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Zach Behe made one save in the 90 minutes in goal to move to 2-2-2 overall this season.
- Roanoke fired five shots in the first half to three for the WildCats. For the game, the Maroons had seven and Randolph had five.
- The Maroons return home on Saturday, September 24 to take on Virginia Wesleyan over Family Weekend. Game time with the Marlins is scheduled for 5 p.m.