Posted: Oct 08, 2022
THE GAME FACTS
Score: Roanoke 3, Randolph-Macon 0
Records: Maroons 5-4-2, 3-2-1 ODAC, Yellow Jackets 5-4-3, 1-3-2 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Short Story: The Roanoke College men's soccer team picked up its third win in as many games with a 3-0 shutout over the visiting Yellow Jackets of Randolph-Macon on Saturday evening at Kerr Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Dylan Berk took what looked like a short pass into the box at 21:59, but the ball went right by the goalie to score what became the game-winner.
- At 35:26, the Yellow Jackets were awarded a penalty kick. Zach Behe made a hard diving stop and preserved a 1-0 lead for the Maroons going into halftime.
- Just under 10 minutes into the second half, Harrison Kraus took a pass from Berk, from the right side, and fired a goal past a dive from the goalie to put an insurance goal on the board for the Maroons at 54:54.
- Less than four minutes later, Krause fired a rocket of a shot from Jake Berecz at 58:48 to put the game out of reach with Roanoke leading 3-0.
- The Yellow Jackets were only able to take one more shot, a save by Behe, the rest of the game allowing the Maroons to pick up their second straight shutout ODAC win.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Behe made saves on both shots he faced while playing all 90 minutes in goal.
- Roanoke led R-MC in shots (17-6) and corner kicks (4-3). The Yellow Jackets led in saves (3-2).
- The Maroons stay home at Kerr Stadium for a contest with Ferrum on Tuesday, October 11. The contest with the Panthers gets underway at 7 p.m.