Posted: Oct 26, 2022
THE GAME FACTS
Score: Roanoke 3, Eastern Mennonite 0
Records: Maroons 8-6-2, 6-3-1 ODAC, Royals 1-10-6, 0-6-4 ODAC
Location: Harrisonburg, Va.
The Short Story: The Roanoke College men's soccer team picked up a 3-0 shutout over Eastern Mennonite on Wednesday evening in the regular-season finale. With the win, the Maroons have earned the No. 4 seed in the upcoming ODAC Tournament and will host a quarterfinal round contest.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The scoreboard was quiet in the first half as the Maroons and Royals could not find the back of the net until Roanoke got a goal from Till Pfleging, unassisted, with less than a minute left in the first half at 44:03.
- The Maroons led 1-0 at the break.
- It took just over six minutes for Roanoke to add an insurance goal in the second half when Girom Affolter scored at 51:10.
- Isaac Wolf scored the final goal of the game off a pass from Liam Camilleri at 69:58, giving the Maroons the final 3-0 margin of victory.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Zach Behe earned the win by playing all 90 minutes, making two saves.
- After the conclusion of the games on Wednesday evening, the Maroons have earned the No. 4 seed in the ODAC Tournament and will host No. 5 Bridgewater in a quarterfinal game on Saturday, Oct. 29. Game time on Saturday is scheduled for 5 p.m. at Kerr Stadium.