Score: Roanoke 104, Bridgewater 67
Records: Roanoke 19-4, 11-3 ODAC / Bridgewater 6-16, 5-9 ODAC
Location: C. Homer Bast Center – Salem, Va
The Lead: Sharp shooting leads Roanoke to fourth win in a row over Bridgewater in the Bast Finale.
How it Happened:
- Carter Wright led the Maroons in scoring with 19 points and also recorded three steals. John Fitchett and John Caldwell each had 16 and 13 points, respectively. C.J. Miles also pitched in with 10.
- The Maroons were 57.4% from the field on 35-of-61 shots. RC was also 16-of-33 (48.5%) from three-point range. The 16 made three-pointers is the second-most in a single game in school history.
- Roanoke also capitalized at the free-throw line after going of 18-of-22 (81.9%) from the charity stripe.
- The Eagles were led by D.J. Caldwell who led all Bridgewater scorers with 19 points. As a team, Bridgewater shot 44.9% from the field on 22-of-49 shots.
- Cameron Smith got the Maroons offense going early as he drilled a corner three-pointer just 12 seconds into the game.
- Back-to-back three-pointers by Seth Bradley with 13:04 to go in the in the first-half would cap off an early 11-1 run by the Maroons.
- Roanoke would close the end of the first-half on a 14-5 run to give them a 48-25 lead going into the second-half.
- A Wright three-point shot would spark a 17-4 run that was finished off with five consecutive points by Sam HIldreth. That run would give RC the 99-58 edge with 2:04 to go and would eventually lead to a final score of 104-67.
Up Next: Roanoke have its second-to-last game when it travels to Lynchburg College on Wednesday, Feb. 17th at 7:00 p.m.